Program Facts | Automotive Technology | SIU
- One of the very few automotive technology Baccalaureate degree universities supplying the industry. Only degree of its kind in the State of Illinois.
- Meeting the goals of students and businesses involved in the automotive, truck, power generation, ground equipment and related transportation industries.
- Only Automotive Technology Program in a research university.
- Established in 1952 and supplier of quality employees and internship students to industry.
- First ASE/NATEF Master Level Certification program in the State of Illinois.
- One of the most widely respected automotive technology programs in the world.
- Theoretical, applied and problem-based learning. The most applied technical training in any program.
- Technical and industry specific business, computing and interpersonal communication courses.
- Challenging, comprehensive and individualized.
- Industry directed and supported by devoted and committed National Advisory Board and alumni.
- Career and industry relevant, adjusted and flexible to allow various career emphasis areas, minors or dual majors.
- Enrollment of approximately 250 national and international students with 70+ graduates per year.
- Competitive Admissions for Freshmen and Transfer students.
- Equipped with applied hands-on learning experiences and the professional skill sets required for success in today's competitive global workplace.
- Student involvement in industry lead Special Projects both on and off campus.
- Industry internships and extensions strongly emphasized.
- Experience in a fast paced team and autonomous environment with leadership opportunities.
- 13 Full-time Faculty who specialize in their fields.
- Published authors and experts in their specific subjects.
- Known for their quality teaching and commitment to excellence.
- Passionate about student learning and industry engagement.