Our students utilize the latest manufacturer specific scantools, PicoScopes, and equipment to diagnose vehicles.
The Transportation Education Center houses 185,000 square feet of learning space.Read on
Fleet of over 100 late model training vehicles provided by industry partners.
Our students are in high demand. Numerous companies come to us specifically to recruit our graduates.
One of the very few Baccalaureate Automotive Technology programs in the country supplying the industry.
- Program is recognized both nationally and globally for its excellence and prominence in the industry
- Combination of theoretical and practical hands-on application in classes
- High demand for graduates
- Paid internship opportunities
- New state-of-the-art Transportation Education Center.
- Fleet of over 90 late model training vehicles provided by industry partners
- A blend of automotive technical and business operations curriculum
What We Offer
At Southern Illinois University Carbondale, we offer a Bachelor of Science degree in Automotive Technology. This degree is designed to provide an education environment for students to acquire the professional, research, and technical skills necessary for success in the automotive and related industries. The degree provides theoretical and practical hands-on application of knowledge through a combination of automotive technical courses, business/management courses, along with computing and communication courses.
Commitment to Diversity - Excel Everywhere
The SIU Automotive Technology Department is committed to fostering a culture that enables all participants to realize their full intellectual and human potential. We value diversity among its many dimensions and that it enriches the ability of all organizations in achieving their mission.